Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Song & Album of the Year: 2007


My favorite song of the year is probably pretty obscure to some people, which just shows how pathetic the music industry has become. 

"The Night Starts Here" by Stars is an instant classic, something I heard on 3WK and went and bought on ITunes before it even ended.


My album of the year is Of Soft Construction by SF-based techno outfit Near the Parenthesis. This is the kind of music Brian Eno should be making these days. Hypnotic, moving and addictive.

Now, excuse me while I dig into the new Sia album, which is sure to be my favorite album of 2008.


Don't forget The Secret Sun Institute of Advanced Synchromysticism, now holding classes in the highly strange. There's a ton of exclusive material up already and so much more on the way. 


Let's get Bushy in the Den of Intrigue....